- 1 Blendtec vs Vitamix Review 2019 – Editor’s Pick for Best Blender
- 1.1 An Uptight Competition Has Begun: Blendtec vs Vitamix
- 1.2 Table comparison between Blendtec Designer 625 and Vitamix 5200
- 1.3 Comparison of materials between Vitamix and Blendtec
- 1.3.1 1. Is it true that Blendtec’s motor produces more than Vitamix’s?
- 1.3.2 2. Blades – Both the Vitamix and Blendtec mixers are made of high-quality stainless steel, although the design is different.
- 1.3.3 3. Drive Socket – It’s all metal to metal connection for high durability
- 1.3.4 4. The container – both Vitamix and Blendtec pots are made of high-quality plastic without BPA.
- 1.3.5 5. The switch control – futuristic or simply elegant?
- 1.4 My personal experience with the use of Blendtec and Vitamix
- 1.5 Sustainability and product warranty Vitamix vs. Blendtec
- 1.6 Evaluation by means of a test
- 1.7 The mayonnaise test
- 1.8 ICE CREAM
- 1.9 Which one is the best mixer? Vitamix or Blendtec?
Blendtec vs Vitamix Review 2019 – Editor’s Pick for Best Blender
If you are looking for a high quality blender, compare two brands, Vitamix vs Blendtec. These will be the top 2 brands in America and have a history of getting the best quality, the best customer service and powerful mixers. This is a contrast that many other people have had to make before buying their brand new mixer, so it can be a little confusing.
If we need to talk about something that includes the most efficient mixers on the market today, then the top of this line will include the Blendtec vs Vitamix brands.
The kitchen manufacturer Ninja, who, unlike Vitamix, revealed a “fierce competition” in this competition, cannot, of course, be excluded. But this time we will make an impartial assessment of the quality and performance of Blendtec and Vitamix because the first-class blenders.
An Uptight Competition Has Begun: Blendtec vs Vitamix
Blendtec and Vitamix are mixers that have been growing for quite some time. Although they have not yet started marketing mixers, over the decades they have become one of the most popular mixer brands of the past.
The quality and performance of these two brands are cute. In fact, quite honest with all the price that each of them costs compared to other brands on the market.
The price is also relatively equal and focuses on exactly the same audience, but what about the quality of these two blenders in terms of materials, performance, durability and product warranty? Are they more or less the same?
To give you ideas about Blendtec and Vitamix specifications, we invite you to consult this table, which allows you to compare the Blendtec Designer 625 series and the Vitamix 5200 series.
Table comparison between Blendtec Designer 625 and Vitamix 5200
|Product Name||Blendtec Designer Series
Blender with Wildside+ Jar
(90 oz), Professional-Grade
Power, Self-Cleaning, 6 Pre-
programmed Cycles, 8
Speeds, Sleek and Slim, Black
|Vitamix 5200 Blender,
Professional-Grade, 64 oz.
|Amazon User Reviews||421 Reviews||899 Reviews|
|Power||1,560 Watt||1,380 Watt|
|Blades Material||Full hardened high grade stainless steel||Full hardened high grade stainless steel|
|Blades Design||Two prong blades||Four-tipped blades|
|Support hot liquids||Yes||Yes|
|Auto cleaning system||Yes||Yes|
|Made in||Made In USA||Made In USA|
Comparison of materials between Vitamix and Blendtec
Let’s talk in more detail about the information about these top manufacturers of cranes that compete for quality and performance.
1. Is it true that Blendtec’s motor produces more than Vitamix’s?
Comparison of the Blendtec motor with the Vitamix motor
The Vitamix and Blendtec mixers of the top brands Vitamix and Blendtec are certainly equipped with a powerful motor. This can be confirmed by the amount of energy generated by these mixers.
To get the idea that these two blenders can provide power, we compare their standard blenders with their pro series blenders.
Blendtec 625 motor compared to the Vitamix 5200 motor
Blendtec Designer 625 is equipped with a 1,560 Watt motor and is said to produce 3 HP at the top.
The Vitamix 5200 Standard is equipped with a 1,380 Watt power motor and is said to be able to produce a top speed of 2 HP.
Referring to the example, Blendtec seems to deliver a higher motor power than Vitamix mixers. However, we need to do our own arithmetic research in order to find the highest power output that they can really deliver.
As mentioned in this informative article, a good mixer should have an average of 1 hp of real power. The simple fact that Blendtec and Vitamix supply blenders with a 2 to 3 HP motor makes them hot and makes them a high-quality blender.
- Both Blendtec and Vitamix motors are capable of producing more than 1 HP of power. It may vary depending on the model.
- The easiest way to check whether a Blendtec mixer with a better output power than Vitamix has a better power is to simply refer to the wattage used by the mixer. A higher amount of power provides a higher level of power that a mixer can deliver. He also suggests that electricity consumption will be higher.
2. Blades – Both the Vitamix and Blendtec mixers are made of high-quality stainless steel, although the design is different.
Comparison of the contrast between Blendtec and Vitamix blades
Material quality, thickness and strength are essential factors in the examination of the mixer blades. Both Blendtec and Vitamix use high quality, fully hardened stainless steel because of the material of their Blades.
The only gap is in the design of the blade, while Blendtec uses two teeth directly with the wing tips, while the Vitamix, like most other taps, is a four-leaf model.
Blendtec manufacturers should have invented two-armed blades with a purpose. The main reason for the trouble-free watering of each food component with two blades, similar to the design of the Vitamix four blades.
The blades of the Equally Blenders are attached to the mixer container. But it is relatively easy to remove the blades from the Vitamix container. Blendtec sheets cannot be removed in the container.
3. Drive Socket – It’s all metal to metal connection for high durability
Sockets from Blendtec and Vitamix
In addition to the motor and the blades, the drive socket is the critical part of a mixer. It connects both the motor (machine) and the blades and helps to reduce noise.
One of the main concerns when encapsulating plugs is often the inability to rotate the blades economically because they are worn out. This is a common problem that usually occurs on mixers that are made of plastic because the plug.
Blendtec and Vitamix are equipped with all metal sockets. The mixers of these two brands have a metal-to-metal connector between the blades and the drive. This can be a plus as most common mixers use a plastic plug.
What makes Vitamix a boundary with Blendtec about this exhaust is that it is covered with a rubber pad, and it can be quite elastic. This allows the container manufacturer to maintain the machine and reduce the noise level.
4. The container – both Vitamix and Blendtec pots are made of high-quality plastic without BPA.
Blender Container is the component that comes into direct contact with food ingredients and materials. There is no doubt that it is not necessary to have a BPA-free mixing container.
The fact that both Blendtec and Vitamix mixers are equipped with high-quality BPA-free containers is an indication of the quality of the product. Both manufacturers understand the problem and thus guarantee customers the protection of the mixer containers.
With regard to pot sizes, both mixers offer a standard pot size and a very low profile that gives you an option that suits your needs.
The size of the Vitamix Standard pot is 64 ounces with a height of 10.1 ounces, while the Blendtec WildSide pot is 90 ounces with a height of 9.4 inches, suggesting that the standard Blendtec pot is ideal for large quantities.
Vitamix also offers dry granular containers that help you grind and mix dry food, while Blendtec also offers a mini twist jar that I found very useful for making my homemade peanut butter.
You will notice this when you compare the bottom of the Blendtec pot with that of Vitamix.
The shaft of the Blendtec sheet is surrounded by an easy-to-paint rubber seal.
What I want you to understand is that there was something that caught my attention once I looked into the bottom of the pot of these two mixers.
Both mixers have the metal axis of the blade in the lower part of the container. However, the shaft of the Blendtec sheet is covered with a rubber seal that tends to shred.
Vitamix, on the other hand, does use metal for this part. This rubber seal leaves the Vitamix packaging free during the mixing process.
Update: The Vitamix blenders of the Ascent series (the latest models) use different types of blenders that currently support SELF-DETECT™, which recognize the cup and automatically correct the blenders due to their small size.
5. The switch control – futuristic or simply elegant?
The control gap between Blendtec and Vitamix compared to Vitamix
If you compare most of the Blendtec mixers in the Vitamix Classic and Vitamix Professional series, you will notice a big difference on the user interface.
- Swipe and touch vs toggle switch
All Blendtec blenders are equipped with a futuristic Signature control that allows you to operate the blender as you would with your smartphone. You must press the player buttons or displays to set the mixing speed.
Although all Vitamix blenders use a certain type of hand blender, press the adjustment knob upwards and then click on the switch to operate the blender.
So, if you’re a gadget or a nerd, you might be more interested in how Blendtec works, I like myself a bit old and favorite style with dial up and toggle, because it makes me feel better when I turn the mixer.
- Pre-programmed settings
All Blendtec mixers have pre-programmed settings to make it easier for you to set up almost any type of end product. For example, you can control the switches for mixing smoothies, soup, soup, soup, whole juice, etc. and it is quite easy to use.
In the other hands, not all Vitamix blenders have pre-programmed settings. Of course, they have a variable speed button that allows you to maintain the speeds to your liking.
My personal experience with the use of Blendtec and Vitamix
- When preparing a green smoothie Together with frozen fruit
Personally, I love these two blenders, Blendtec with all the models of two-spindle leaves that are combined with enormous powers, seems to me to be the most important when I make a green smoothie in addition to frozen fruit.
In just a few seconds, you’ll discover all the ingredients that are ground down to the tiniest detail to work like a super smoothie.
When I used Vitamix in exactly the same situation, I discovered that I needed the sabotage to help the mixing process by pulling all the ingredients at the lowest level to the nearest part of the Blades.
For the end result I really don’t see any difference with the softness of Blendtec’s green smoothie against Vitamix.
- After making peanut butter
Here I began to believe that Vitamix is a much better choice. I discovered that you have to use this Blendtec twister pot if you want to make your own peanut butter or almond butter.
Blendtec Twister Jar
The design of these two-sided blades seems to ensure that the peanuts remain in the lateral zone, making it more difficult to make butter. When using Vitamix, it is also easy to spill all the peanuts, so they can be crushed by the blades.
This can be a small inconvenience for Blendtec because the Twister Jar itself will probably cost a little money.
Sustainability and product warranty Vitamix vs. Blendtec
When we talk about a digital product, we want to have a very long warranty which can be a good indication of the durability of this product so that it is possible to estimate how long the product can work for you until you have to discover the new product.
All mixtec blenders come with a standard warranty of 8 years and 10 years, depending on the model.
Although all Vitamix blenders, depending on the model, have a 5 and 7 year warranty. Both come with an extended warranty of 3 years (optional with additional costs).
Both brands also offer licensed blenders under warranty. Refurbished blenders with the Blendtec seal of approval are covered by the 7-year guarantee and refurbished blenders with the Vitamix seal of approval are covered by the 5-year guarantee.
To maintain the warranty for both brands, call customer service and confirm your warranty – they will tell you how to get the replacement unit.
After the game Vitamix vs Blendtec, it is a fairly fair draw. Both companies offer a seven-year warranty with their new mixers that pay for both the base of the mixer and the containers for regular wear and tear. It should be noted that the new Vitamix Ascent mixers come with a 10-year warranty as standard.
For other Vitamix models, the 7-year warranty on all Vita Mix models, it is possible to purchase three decades warranty for an additional $75, bringing total coverage to 10 decades. You can update the accredited refurbished models from 5 decades and add 3 additional decades, with a full 8 decades warranty.
Blendtec offers an additional three decades warranty for $75 in case you decide to upgrade when purchasing a mixer.
We believe that both these guarantees are excellent, and that is why we call them equality.
Evaluation by means of a test
- An ice glass: Both blenders serve smoothies with a uniform feel, especially when they are made from fruit, such as carrots and berries. This evaluation is a real attraction.
- Puree: The two meip parsley purées, carrots and other business vegetables without leaving stringy vegetable vegetables behind, making your vegetarian smoothies very soft. Again, both mixers get just the right score.
- Ice crushing: The Vitamix doesn’t crush so much ice because it will inject it into a uniform medium that you’d say it’s snow. Blendtec’s broken ice looks more like a snow cone, which can be very pleasant for most people, but justifies a lower score in our laboratory tests (the bigger the processors (“the lower the score”). Vitamix stands out with this most difficult test.
- Sound: Both mixers are stupid, as mixers are usually. None of these more than 75 life-size models have received an exceptional noise classification in our evaluations. Just two or three points for a very good one, and we’ll give you a hint. If you need to use one of these taps every day – for example to make margaritas for guests – our experts recommend that you use hearing protection.
- Sustainability: The testers shatter the ice 45 times more than two weeks long and we’ve seen mixers fail under pressure before. Most of them, such as this Vitamix and Blendtec, will continue to exist. Both obtained the same results.
- Convenience: The testers found that both mixers are very practical in terms of ease of cleaning, clarity of operation, ease of pouring the container and other aspects that affect the extent to which you enjoy using the mixers.
- Brand reliability: You will find 12 brands registered in our member survey, and only two, such as Vitamix, have an excellent reliability rating. This assessment is an indication of how a new mixer would be distributed over the first four decades. Blendtec, on the other hand, creates a lower score than the Fair score in the new visibility, making it the lowest-rated new score in our survey, and CR is currently unable to recommend full-size Blendtec blenders. (The results of our research are based on meetings of RC members with 29,031 full-size and individual mixers purchased between 2008 and 2018).
- Owner’s pride: Owners are very satisfied with their own Vitamix and Blendtec blenders, as they recommend their blenders to family and friends.
The mayonnaise test
If you have made mayonnaise from scratch, then you understand that there are two possible results: you have either a smooth, white and emulsified dispersion, or a fat and broken disorder. A mixer should make the process faster and simpler and reduce the risk of failure. But we didn’t succeed in trying this very simple emulsion of oil, egg yolks, mustard and lemon juice with Blendtec Designer 675. However, we have never had any problems preparing shiny mayonnaise with Vitamix 5200, we think the difference lies at the base of the pot.
To understand Blendtec’s failure in mayonnaise, you need to understand how the emulsifier works. When you apply an emulsifier, gradually add oil to an emulsifier (i.e. yellow, lemon juice and mustard in this case) while aggressively shaking the mixture to distribute the oil drops and hang them on the emulsifier. A blender is generally perfect for making mayonnaise, because the fast swirling leaves can beat the oil to the emulsifier better than by hand. However, the first few minutes of mixing are essential, as the emulsion must begin to form when the first drops of oil touch the emulsifier, otherwise you’ll get an oil tank too big to fit into the mixture. In order to be able to start emulsifying quickly, the mixer blades must tap the emulsifier until you add oil to the mixture.
Vitamix manages to make mayonnaise because the lean base of the pot the very small volume of the emulsifier near the knives, which rest long enough to conquer even a small amount of yellow, lemon juice and mustard. The Blendtec sheets are higher and the emulsifier spreads in a thin puddle of water on its wide base, so the sheets can only beat the eggs when there are a few tablespoons of oil – and there will never be an emulsion.
Another excellent application of these mixers is the use of these mixers as mixers.
Using a blender, you can quickly produce batter, bread and yeast bread.
The Blendtec includes a specific BATTERS/SAUCES/DIPS button on some of its models, and the two easy-to-mix pancakes and waffles.
If you have a simple cake, corn bread or a brownies mixture, such as our Healthy Brownies recipe, it is possible to mix everything in the brand’s 64 oz container and pour it into your baking dish!
At Vitamix and Blendtec, most pies, biscuits and breads ask you to mix the wet ingredients, pour them into a bowl with the dry ingredients and mix them by hand from this point.
Blendtec says you can mix the wet ingredients in the big Wildsidepot and then PULSE from the dry ingredients.
We’ve already done that, which hasn’t been the case so far…. It can be closed very easily, and we find it safer to add the wet just in a bowl with a hot mixture and by hand, as with our Vitamix.
When it comes to yeast bread and bread with Blendtec and Vitamix, you also need a little finesse and knowledge of the bread – because there are many different facets to making good fresh bread than just to mix it. Check out our Vitamix pizza how to do it!
Who’d have thought they’d see ice made in 45 seconds?
It takes a while if you use this ice cream or the FROZEN TREATMENT button with Vitamix Blendtec ICE CREAM!
Vitamix usually lasts a few seconds, but they also make fantastic new and healthier ice cream!
We believe that the use of ice, which Blendtec must have fairly precise dimensions of the ice solution (which our recipes offer) or even ice, causes cavitation around the blade, and this means that you must stop the machine, shake it and use your manual keys to mix it again.
With the Vitamix you don’t have this problem, because the practical self-protection pushes the ice towards the blade and even if you have a little more ice than you need, you just keep mixing before the four hills and the celebrity form are formed.
The ice in these two blenders is more than just a soft feature – not like conventional hard ice.
However, you can add it to an ice cream maker to get that conventional feel.
Besides yeast bread, Ice Lotion is probably the strangest thing to do, but once you’ve made it a few times, it’s cake! Uh, ICE CREAM!
Which one is the best mixer? Vitamix or Blendtec?
Choosing Blendtec or Vitamix can be the best choice for anyone looking for high quality mixers. Both are a good investment because they have an ideal strength, are flexible, durable and are well-known brands.
For those who need more mixing power and want to enjoy the atmosphere of the touch screen when working with the mixer, Blendtec is the right choice for you. But if you want a variant and flexibility, you can discover the Vitamix blender that best suits your needs.
If the price is your #1 determining factor, Blendtec Combination and Vitamix E310 mixers are constantly fighting each other for the lowest price. And depending on the day or month you control, one person may be inferior to another in blendtec.com or directly by Vitamix.com. Check the prices on both to make sure they are the best price.
If you plan to mix usually thick ingredients, Blentec will contain more HP, but the patented Vitamix system will save a huge amount of time and will probably be the best reason to buy the Vitamix Accredited Reconditioned Standard Programme mixer.
If there is no income at the time of purchase, Blendtec Fit is the cheapest.
We can say that it’s both and that a draw is equal. But we think there should be a winner. If you’re comfortable with refurbished cranes, the Blendtec Total Blender Certified Refurbished (TB621) is often an excellent price, and if they’re in stock, buy them! This is a price for a mixer of this size and quality.
The winner of the best mixer on a budget
Many of our subscribers are more comfortable with a brand new mixer. In our opinion, this can be summarised as follows:
- The Vitamix Explorian E310:
- Including a longer warranty
- Designed to use a self-protection device
- Blendtec Fit includes more peak power
So… In our overview, by a small margin, we recommend the Vitamix Explorian E310 blender from the best blender with the best value for money.